Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Musical Moments In TV/Film: The Mysterious Cities Of Gold - Theme Song



















As a kid, I loved many of the same classic 80's cartoons as the next guy.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats, etc. all spent their fair share of time on my 19" Magnavox screen.  I also liked some of the more obscure stuff like Danger Mouse, Hair Bear Bunch, and this gem, The Mysterious Cities Of Gold.  This was a Japanese-French show that featured a Spanish boy named Esteban, and it ran from 1986-1990 in the U.S. on Nickelodeon.  I remember it having a really interesting storyline, and my internet digging in recent years confirms that this show has quite the cult following.

Anyway, the point of this post is to highlight the greatness that is the theme song for this childhood treasure.  It reminds me of some of the other great theme songs of the era including David The Gnome and Gummi Bears. Tell me this isn't dripping with overly dramatic 80's pop goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment