Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Morning Drive - March 30, 2011

Nada Surf - Let Go

Inspired by hearing "Inside of Love" on How I Met Your Mother a couple of nights ago, I decided to take in this 2002 album from alleged one hit wonders, Nada Surf.  I've grown to like this band so much that I barely even remember that they were the ones with that lame "Popular" video on MTV back in high school.  Even though some of the lyrics here come off as lame and desperate attempts to get the girl, there is enough substance here to get past that.  For example, ignore "I wanna know what it's like on the inside of love.  Standing at the gates, I see the beauty above" and focus more on "I know I have got a negative edge, that's why I sharpen all the others a lot.  It's like flowers or lady bugs, pretty weeds or red beetles with dots?"

And for those out there that don't sweat the lyrics as much as I do, this album flies by as a really fun listen that is considered by many (myself included) to be the band's best release.  Like I was told by the person who originally recommended them to me, they're like Death Cab...but less whiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment