Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The National - Live at House of Blues, Dallas (Oct. 9, 2010)


I recently took in one of the best concerts of my life.  The National rolled through Dallas last Friday, and I'll never forget it.  This was just one of the many stops on this ridiculously massive tour, so some of the dialog and between-number shenanigans came off as contrived and corny.  I will gladly forgive these guys though because the treat they bestowed upon my ears is one that will stay with me for a long time.  Tight and polished, the band ripped through great song after great song in a set that ended far too early for this particular fan boy.  We got numbers from High Violet and Boxer obviously, and the multiple cuts from Alligator and Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers would have been a pleasant surprise had I not stalked out a few setlists the week prior.  Goosebumps and chills were standard features on this night, but the standout tracks for me were "Mistaken for Strangers," "England," "Squalor Victoria," "Afraid of Everyone," and a completely off-mic and acoustic sing-along of "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment