Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Morning Drive - September 29, 2010


I've been a huge fan of indie pop legends Belle and Sebastian for years now.  But just recently did I allow myself to explore their new millenium catalog.  1990's B&S has always been great music for any mood, and I will always hold those albums in the highest regard.  Now that I've spent some time with the newer, "shinier" records, I have come to appreciate the Scottish duo in a completely different capacity. 

The Life Pursuit consumed most of my drive this morning, and I loved every minute of it.  I am still caught slightly off guard by "Song for Sunshine" though; I'll admit.  It sounds like something that danced right out of an episode of The Electric Company.

Will we ever see another B&S offering that wears its Nick Drake influences on its sleeve?  It doesn't look that way.  But if they keep recording Kinks and early Billy Joel style tunes, I'll continue to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment