Thursday, September 23, 2010

Morning Drive - September 23, 2010


In Texas, you don't normally start feeling the cool crisp breezes of fall until well into October or even November.  On this particular morning, however, I could almost hear leaves crunching under foot as I listened to the most recent EP from The Tallest Man On Earth.  I can't quite put my finger on the reason as to why the acoustic (and in the case of one track here, electric!) strummings of Kristian Matsson seem to remind me of autumn.  The cover art even seems to depict a spring or summer setting.  Perhaps it is the organic and raw quality of the music.  As in his prior works, simple melodies along with vivid lyricism draw me in.  As usual, I feel like I should be wearing flannel or a hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment